Creamy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Pie

This is a half of one recipe and half of another recipe dessert. I did my usual pantry scan and then went to searching. This was one of the recipe search times where I read so many darn recipes, it's hard to tell where the filling came from. I was so fixed on a dessert, that I completely forgot the links. What I can tell you is that I used Catherine's Oatmeal Pie Crust recipe. The filling came from a discussion board somewhere, just not sure which one. Besides, you all know I alter most things to suit what I have on hand, and I did just that. This was a great combo and very easy to prepare. The crunchy oatmeal crust was the ideal contrast to the rich peanut butter creamy filling. I added the graham cracker chocolate butterscotch topping, thinking coarse crumbs would be the perfect texture. Besides where there is peanut butter there must be at least some chocolate, right? The chips soften just a bit when processed creating a nice coarse crumb topping.


The original recipes are given as written with unused ingredients stricken and my revisions italicized.
Crust:
1 cup oats
½ cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ tsp cinnamon
4 tablespoons butter – softened

Preheat oven 350 degrees:
In a food processor combine oats, flour, cinnamon, and brown sugar; Give a few good swirls until the oats are ground.
In a bowl combine butter, add mixture from the food processor, and mix until dough is crumbly.
Butter the bottom of a single 9" pie plate and press the dough to the bottom and sides. Place pan in the oven and bake 15 minutes or until crust is slightly golden.

Pie:
Filling
1/2 (8 ounce) package Philadelphia brand cream cheese
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
1/4 cup finely chopped peanuts

Topping
1/8 cup butterscotch chips
1/8 cup dark chocolate chips
1 honey graham cracker

Whip the cream cheese until soft and fluffy. Beat in the sugar and peanut butter.
Fold whipped topping into the peanut butter mixture. Pour filling into the pie shell. The filling is very thick and did not pour. I had to spoon and spread. Combine graham cracker and chips. Coarsely chop or whirl in a food processor till crumbly. Sprinkle pie with chopped peanuts crumb topping and press gently. Chill until firm.

Double the recipe when using a deep dish pie plate.


Comments

Popular Posts