Quick and Easy Stromboli w/ Pillsbury Pizza Dough

Italian Days at Publix® – Taste the Tradition… I smell an Italian feast coming on!! The Italian food lovers (like us) find greats deals on favorite brands including Progresso, Muir Glen, and Pillsbury. Of course, the hubby was excited when he heard about this too; he just knew a stromboli would be forthcoming! I have to tell you, these General Mills brands are not only some of my favorites but also offer plenty of inspiration. Who doesn't love pasta, meatballs in a rich sauce, or a delicious pizza, right?

The Italian Days – Taste the Tradition event at Publix® runs from February 11th through March 1st, with loads of BOGO offers. Plus, get coupon s for additional savings* here on your favorite General Mills brands which includes the aforementioned and more, including Green Giant products. The frozen seasoned Green Giant veggies are our favorite.


Being so busy the last few months, I've been cooking and baking using a ton of time saving products and recipes; short cuts with as little compromise to flavor and nutrition as possible.

Thinking quick and delicious, our weekly meal plan consisted of stromboli, pizza, spaghetti and meatballs, meatball subs, and chicken Parmesan   I bought Pillsbury pizza dough, Progresso soups and bread crumbs, Muir Glen tomato and spaghetti sauce among other Italian specials.

My favorite find was Pillsbury Pizza Dough, I bought both the thin and classic varieties.  I have to tell you Pillsbury pizza dough is off the hook. Oh my gosh, it was easy to create a Stromboli that was totally delish. I charred a few red peppers and sweet onions in the broiler. Meanwhile I unrolled the dough, layered leftover meatballs, deli ham, and provolone on the dough; topped that with those charred veggies and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle some fresh chopped parsley, Italian seasoning, and grated Romano on top and roll. In just 15 minutes Italian heaven was served!


I might like the Pillsbury dough better than my own. Hubby says it’s number two, I disagree. Oh my gosh it was so light and soft. I mean the stromboli browned perfectly but remained soft. I made a pizza and a stromboli so we had a bit leftover for lunch. When reheated it was still as fresh as when it was first baked. I’m telling you I love this dough almost as much as this homemade recipe!



There is only one week left to catch the great savings and inspiration at Publix.  Don’t forget the coupons before you head out , Viva Italia!

"The information, products and General Mills gift pack were provided by General Mills and Publix® through MyBlogSpark."  – Thanks for making my weekday meals a quick, delicious success!

Are you hungry?

Popular Posts