Uplifted and Inspired - Foodbuzz & Foodie Blogroll Friends

It has been an incredible week, thanks to my foodie friends!

Anyone that has read my Google profile knows that I am all about family and food. When I started this blog in 2008, my last son went away to school. It was my intention to post recipes, honoring the memory of my mother. She fed everyone! Her infamous statement, Are you hungry, eat more is burned into my brain. Now, my family hails me as a great cook. In reality, I had a great mother who's children were her life. I was raised that family comes first, your children before you. She was a great cook; came from an Italian family full of great cooks. My mother taught me everything I needed to know about being a woman, a respected, loving, home maker type of woman. My mother was a 20 years cancer survivor, with a reoccurrance that was a five year battle. I traveled 150 miles each way, sometimes daily, to assist her. I had three children at home, two of which were teenagers. In just two and a half years I put 86,000 miles on my car. I attended all of her doctor appointments, dealt with the insurance companies, the HMOs, the PPOs, and kept my then alcoholic father in line. She relied on my strength. That was the least I could offer since I was given so much from her! My mother died in 1999. I'll never be the same, I felt so lost. Then, the kids grew up, went their ways and I started surfing the net, dabbled in web design a bit, and then blogging.

So what does all of this have to do with a great week and foodies?

Before I answer that question, I have to tell my foodie story, hope you don't mind. While I may not prepare high end cuisine, I do love to cook, learn about cooking, and how to prepare different ethnic foods. That makes me a "kinda foodie" right? Anyway, I signed up for the foodie Blogroll in Feb 2009. I was impressed and inspired by Jen aka the leftover queen, originator and owner of the Foodie Blogroll. From there I started to explore other food blogs and sites. Next, I joined the Foodbuzz. Now that is a community of real live Foodies. I made some friends but in all honesty I was kinda intimidated by the top notch members there. How could I belong to a community along side chefs, photographers and foodie pros when I'm just a mom who loves food? Who would ever be interested in my blog? But, I continued checking out the whole foodie scene online. I frequented the Foodie Blogroll and made some foodie friends on Food Buzz. Next I signed up to become a featured publisher. Wow, my mom would just love this, wish she was here. Anyhow, with my family cheering for me and my foodie friends supporting me with comments and suggestions, I continued my food blogging.

Now for the answer ....

On Wednesday I received this in my email -
You were lucky enough to be chosen by Random.org as a butterball winner! Send me your address and I will send it out. Thanks for stopping by and participating in the giveaway!
Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving
Angie




Yesterday, I received this -
We are happy to let you know that your blog was randomly selected as the winner for this week's Foodie Blogroll Tote Bag Giveaway!
You will receive a custom Foodie Blogroll Tote Bag! We hope it will come useful on those trips to the grocery store.


The Foodie Blog Roll Contests: Winner!

And today while reading Mary's blog, My New Thirty, I found this -
Congrats to Shelly, RedKathy, Suzanne, Carol, AnnMarie & Pam - your comments were chosen by random draw. Winners of $1.10 off a box of Progresso Panko Bread Crumbs!

TCBOTB

None of this would have occurred without my foodie friends. Thank you for the gifts. More importantly thank you for the inspiration! I know my mother would have been happy for me, and my family sure is!

Comments

Cookin' Canuck said…
Congratulations on a great week. You deserve it!
wow you have had a great week Congrats and sure this is just the start of many more to come!!!!! very happy for you :)
Janis said…
You are the best. There may be pros blogging and shooting professional type photos but it is the every day cook that impresses me the most. Love your blog and love the voice you have taken on in blogging. Congrats! You deserve your great week.
FOODalogue said…
This is a very heartfelt post. I read every word and lingered. Don't feel intimidated. We all have a voice even though some may be louder than others. You do a good job and you deserve the little perks and rewards.
ReadMyBookBlog said…
Yay!!!! Good for you.
I feel the same as you did....why would anyone care about my every day, simple cooking. But I've made friends online at Food Buzz as well. It's fun and I've had a great time.
Thanks for sharing that.
Way to go.
Congrats.
Patricia
Reeni said…
You deserve to be on Foodbuzz just as much as the next person! Your recipes are yummy! Everyone is so sweet and welcoming on Foodbuzz from what I've seen, and in the food blogging community overall. I can't believe how many friends I've made. Thanks for sharing your story.I am so happy for you! Enjoy your prizes! (And I'm sure your Mom is happy and proud of you.)
That's great! I loved your story, it was so from the heart. You deserve this win.
Martha
Drick said…
inspiration comes from many steps in life and in all forms and I know your passion in cooking and blogging is much like mine and everyone else out there.... there are many days I feel humble to be in the same arena as the "pros" and others but I give what I know ... I am but a simple guy who loves to cook ... thanks for sharing and keep doing what you do...
Cleo Coyle said…
Congratulations, girl! You deserve it!

Happy Thanksgiving,
~Cleo Coyle
Thistlemoon said…
Sometimes it can be hard, but we are all unique and share different takes and outlooks on food - and that uniqueness is what makes the food blogging community so great! I do hope you will join in on all the community events!
Stephanie said…
Great blog!! Congratulations on all your wins!! What a fantastic week...I'm really happy for you! :)

I'm a member of the foodie blogroll and have never won a thing (even when I really wanted to win the licorice candy cause I LOVE licorice) from them...I've only been a member for almost a year now, so hopefully one of these days I'll get lucky!

See you on Twitter!
Hi Kathy, Congratulations on everything wonderful that you have deservingly earned with your fab blog! I also have something to give to you on my blog if you can stop by for a moment! Hope all is well with you this Thanksgiving holiday in sunny Florida! XXOO Roz

Popular Posts