Slow Cooker Puerto Rican Style Pork

Pork loin roasts were on sale again last week, I bought two. And, I took the opportunity to used my new slow cooker. If you read my homemade applesauce post you know about my part time daughter, and the story behind this slow cooker.  Anyway, if you like spicy, flavorful pork that's easy to prepare, then this pork recipe is for you. I can tell you, my family really enjoyed it.

 Slow Cooker Puerto Rican Style Pork (Pernil)

1 (3 pound) pork loin roast (with bone)
4 cloves garlic
1 large onion, quartered
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons ground black pepper
3 tablespoons Mojo
1/2 can Salsa Verde
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar

Place the garlic, onion, oregano, cumin, salt, and pepper into a blender. Pour in the salsa verde, Mojo, and vinegar. Puree until smooth. Cut a few slits in the roast and stuff with puree. Spread the balance all over the pork loin, and place into a slow cooker.

Cook on high until the pork is fork tender, 5 - 6 hours. The pork will fall off the bone in chunks. Serve with Spanish rice smothered with a health ladle of that flavorful broth. This recipe is second best to a traditional "Puerto Rican Pernil". My first mother in law prepared hers where the main ingredients were tons of garlic, Adobo, oregano, white vinegar, and onions.




Are you hungry?


Comments

FOODalogue said…
I've never done pernil in a slow cooker but it makes a lot of sense. I'm sure it just shredded with a fork. Muy bueno.
Reeni said…
This is my favorite way to cook pork, long and slow, so it turns out nice and tender. This sounds real delicious and hearty. Nicely spiced. Hope your having a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Anonymous said…
Oh yes please, I am hungry, may I come in????
Melissa said…
Oh, that looks so good! I've made pork roasts in the slow cooker, but usually with different seasonings. Can't wait to try this!
Anonymous said…
Yum this looks GREAT! Will have to try it sometime!
Anonymous said…
Oh yeah, I'm hungry. I can't wait to try this recipe. I do love me some pork and rice.
this looks yummy, and must have been so tender
Catherine said…
This looks so good Kathy!
Pam said…
Hope you had a wonderful holiday!

Enjoy!
Robyn said…
Wow, that looks so good! I'll have to try your recipe!
Stephanie said…
That looks really good and seems like it would be nice for a change from the usual :)
pigpigscorner said…
Looks great and lvoely flavours. I've never heard of Mojo though.
Anonymous said…
THAT'S GREAT

Popular Posts