Quick Corn Muffins

Anyone who knows me, knows that I always have five or six different things going on at once. I cook, blog, and take calls for work all at the same time. It's no wonder I love quick recipes and short cuts that won't compromise flavor!

Anyway, this is one of the best corn muffin recipes I have tried, not too sweet and not too dry. I found this recipe somewhere online and adjusted it just a little.

You will need:

3 Tbsp. sugar
1 1/2 c. Bisquick or any baking mix
1/2 c. cornmeal
2 eggs
2/3 c. milk
butter or margarine

Yield: 1 doz. muffins

Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a muffin tin and place it in the heating oven.

Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine sugar, Bisquick, and cornmeal. Add in the eggs and milk. Stir to combine, beating only just enough to combine all the ingredients. Some lumps are ok ;)

Remove the muffin tin from the oven and distribute the batter evenly into 12 muffin cups.

Bake muffins at 400°F for 15 minutes. Upon removing, brush tops of muffins with butter or margarine.

Notes:

I used non stick cooking spray and greased pan after heating.

No need to melt the butter or margarine. I took my pastry brush and dragged it over a spoon of cold margarine then brushed the freshly baked muffins. This not only gives added flavor to the muffins but creates a wonderful shine as well.


♥ 

Comments

Stephanie said…
Those turned out beautifully!!
Auntie E said…
The Muffins look great! and with-- is that Corn beef and Cabbage?
Redkathy said…
No auntie E it is a quick ham, potatoes, and cabbage dish.
You have a banner right in the way of your comment button on corn dogs...so I will comment here. Have to try the corn dogs they look good. Now, get yourself a gas grill. I have a charcoal grill, a wood pellet grill and a gas grill. I use the gas grill a least three times a week because it's so convenient. Also, I appreciate it very much that you follow my blog and leave comments on it. Have a great weekend! Best to you and your family!
UPrinting said…
Oh nice! I love corn muffins. I've been wanting to make my own (well, not really... I want my mom to bake it) muffins because I'm getting tired of buying muffins from stores. :D

Popular Posts