Spicy Oven Fried Chicken Thighs

Chicken was my mother's favorite meat. I think she had a million chicken recipes. My father, on the other hand, was not so fond of the fowl. I'll tell you, he never complained about one of mom's meals, which was totally out of character for him. My point, she could prepare chicken so that even a chicken hater would enjoy it!


Chicken is served at least three nights a week at my house. For one, it's low in fat and two very affordable. So tonight I prepared my version of Oven Fried Chicken, a favorite of my husband. A spicy variety of a traditional and common chicken recipe.

You will need:

2 - 2 1/2 lbs. Chicken thighs, skinned
Olive oil
2 cups Flour
1 tsp. Adobo seasoning
1 tsp Black pepper
1/4 tsp Cajun seasoning
1/4 tsp. Chili powder
Cooking spray

Preheat oven to 450. Spray baking pan or cookie sheet with cooking spray. Combine flour and all seasonings in a large mixing bowl. Stir to blend. Rub chicken thighs with olive oil on both sides, and drudge in flour, one by one. Bake for 35 - 45 minutes, until chicken is golden brown.

I don't usually measure seasonings and have approximated the amounts. You can add more or less depending on your taste.

I like to serve this chicken with my spanish rice (arroz con gondules) recipe and fresh baked biscuits. Yummy.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This sounds yummy! I love oven fried chicken recipes :)
Anonymous said…
Oh and I gave you an award! Come check it out :)
Unknown said…
Wow, this is the first time I saw a recipe that used oven to fry a chicken. Very interesting. And looks yummy too. Thanks for sharing. :)

Popular Posts