Shrimp Seafood Dip

seafood dip
I bought a five pound bag of frozen salad shrimp for Christmas Eve dinner. I have about thrity or so for Christmas Eve and put out a big Italian seafood meal every year. Somehow I had a bit of shrimp left over this time... Truth is, I knew how bad things would be in January so I saved a bit. I made a seafood dip for New Year's and it was a big hit which surprised me. I was surprised because it was really a last minute fast and easy to prepare kinda thing. Anyway, I decided to make it today again as a treat for the hubby to kind of lift his spirits. He knows right now there is no way could I go out and buy shrimp for a treat.

You will need:

1 cup cooked salad shrimp (pack down the shrimp when measuring)
1/4 bell pepper (I used red)
8 oz whipped cream cheese
1/8 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
a few shakes of dill weed
lemon or lime juice or fresh

Put bell pepper in food processor or blender and chop fine. Add shrimp and process again. Add cream cheese, seasonings, and a few drops of lemon or lime juice to mixture and whip to blend. Serve with crackers or maybe even wavy chips if they are thick enough.


Comments

Popular Posts