A new find... Vegetable Curry

I haven't had homemade curry in about 15 years. My ex-boss, who owned a Tex-Mex restaurant and was from South America, believe it or not, made the best curried chicken I ever ate. I never did get the recipe from her, silly me. Her restaurant has since closed and I never knew anyone else who could make curry.


While surfing the other day I came across this quick and easy curry recipe. I was a bit perplexed with the "capsicum". Google provided the answer so I gave you the link FYI!


Anyhow, this is a great recipe for someone who loves hot & spicy food.


MIX VEGETABLE CURRY:

  • 1 small Cauliflower
  • 3 Carrots
  • 4 Tomatoes
  • 1 bunch of Green onion
  • 2 Capsicum (Cayenne Pepper)
  • ½ cup Green peas
  • 6 Green chilies
  • 3 tbsp Yogurt
  • 1 tsp Garlic paste
  • 1 tsp Ginger paste
  • Half bunch of Coriander (chopped)
  • Salt as per taste
  • 2 tbsp Black pepper powder

(You can add or subtract vegetables of your choice)
Cut all the vegetables into small cubes.
Make a paste of the tomatoes in the blender.
Heat oil in a pan and fry onion till golden
Add ginger and garlic stir fry for 1 minute
Add salt, black pepper powder, yogurt and tomato paste, sauté until oil separates
Add the vegetables and cook on low heat for 8 to 10 minutes.
Adorn with coriander leaves and serve with pita bread or boiled rice.







Thanks to The Sobia Collection for this one.

Comments

Popular Posts